Vietnamese Mossy Tree Frog

Hi! My name is Pickles and I am a Vietnamese Mossy Tree Frog. I am also called a Mossy Frog for short.

Frogs like me come from Vietnam, but I was born in Canada. My species are endangered due to habitat loss, but thanks to captive breeding my species will be safe for a long time.

In the wild you can find me in flooded caves and banks of mountain streams. I have sticky discs under each of my toes, making me excellent at climbing. I often climb trees and the walls of caves. You can find me as high as 1,500 metres high off the ground!

My skin is covered with many tubercles and spines, which are the wart-like things on my body. The colour and texture of my skin looks like a clump of moss, giving me the perfect camouflage.

Did you know?
The Vietnamese Mossy Tree Frog has the most elaborate camouflage in the whole animal kingdom.